KYCK.com, Inc. (“KYCK” or “we”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of its Users (“you”). We are also extremely sensitive to family concerns about their children’s personal information and safety. We want you to know about and understand the measures we have taken to keep our website and applications (the “Platform”) a safe and secure environment for everyone. This privacy statement tells you how and why we collect information from you and how we use that information.
We encourage our visitors to read through and understand our privacy statement. We may update it from time to time to address new issues or reflect changes on our website. Please refer to this privacy statement regularly. KYCK reserves the right to revise this privacy statement at any time and such revisions shall be effective immediately upon notice. Notice may be given by any means including, but not limited to, posting the revised privacy statement on this site. Any use of our site by you subsequent to such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such revision.
If you have any questions or concerns about the statement, please contact us at Customer Support. To quickly access a particular section of this policy, you can click directly on the links below:
Information You Provide to Us:
KYCK collects information in several ways via different parts of our site. Providing personal information and becoming a user of the Platform is voluntary. When you register with KYCK, you provide personal information. KYCK uses this information to better create and organize our content to meet your needs.
The personally identifiable information we may request from you, and with which we identify you as a user, includes the following: first name, last name, email address, gender, date of birth, ZIP code, username, and password. When you wish to purchase something, we will also ask you for the following: street address, city, state, phone number, and credit card number.
How We Use the Information You Provide:
KYCK uses your personal information to tailor the content and information that we provide to meet your needs and interests. When you conduct a transaction through the Platform, you are providing transaction information to KYCK’s third party suppliers (such as transaction processors and financial institutions) who will use the information solely for the purpose of the transaction. Finally, there may also be other third party vendors who supply software applications, web hosting and other technologies for the Platformthat may have access to your personal information but will never use such information for any other purpose except to provide services in connection with the Platform.
KYCK also collects non-personally identifiable information. Here, no members are identified by their personal information – we are only interested in how the Platform looks demographically and statistically. This basic market research allows us to identify the trends, developments, and needs of our audience. Such information may be shared with third parties.
We Protect Children’s Privacy:
As a parent, you’ve probably done a lot of thinking about protecting your family’s privacy on the Internet. We have been thinking and working hard to provide you with the best information and the highest quality interaction on the Internet in an environment that is safe.
In compliance with COPPA (the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we have adopted the following policies to keep children under the age of thirteen (hereinafter “child” or “children”) safe (there are a few exceptions to these policies as noted below under the heading “Exceptions to Verifiable Parental Consent”):
- We do NOT and will NOT direct the Platform, or any portion or service available thereon, to a child.
- We will NOT knowingly collect, use, or distribute personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
- Personally identifiable information we collect from children under the age of 13 will be used solely by KYCK or its agents for internal purposes only and will NOT be sold or otherwise distributed to third parties.
- We will NOT knowingly allow children under the age of 13 access to message boards, email accounts, or other services within the KYCK network that would allow them to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
- We will NOT knowingly ask a child under the age of 13 to divulge more information than is reasonably needed to participate in any activity, game, or service.
- We will NOT knowingly keep any personally identifiable information that is inadvertently included in a child’s email submission, help inquiry, or other one-time request, if we know that the child is under the age of 13. Information will be automatically purged or purged immediately after the issue has been resolved.
- We will NOT knowingly post any personally identifiable information that is inadvertently included in a child’s submission to a general audience contribution area if we know that the child is under the age of 13. These submissions will be deleted and handled anonymously thereafter.
- We will NOT knowingly provide any direct link to websites that are unsuitable for children or teens.
- Upon request, KYCK will provide a parent or guardian with a description of the information that may have been provided about their child during the registration process of this site.
Notification and Verifiable Parental Consent:
Before any personally identifiable information is collected, we will do our best to notify the parent or guardian that their child is participating. Notification will include the exact nature and intended use of the information we are collecting, as well as the opportunity for the parent or guardian to prevent the use of the information and the child’s participation in the activity. For every child,we require the parent or guardian to provide verifiable parental consent such as an email, mail-in letter, fax, or toll-free phone call to KYCK.
Exceptions to Verifiable Parental Consent:
There are few instances where we will NOT get verifiable parental consent, such as:
- Requesting the contact information of a parent or guardian for the sole purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing notification to the parent or guardian;
- Collecting a child’s contact information solely to directly respond to the child’s request on a one-time basis. We will not use that information to re-contact the child for any other purpose (we will purge from our system the child’s personal information after responding);
- Collecting a child’s contact information and the contact information of his/her parent or guardian solely to directly respond more than once to a specific request from the child (for example, to satisfy the request for a t-shirt purchase). In this instance, the parent or guardian will be notified that the child made such a request and be informed of the information provided by the child. The parent or guardian will have an opportunity at any time to revoke the child’s request (i.e., not accept transaction). We will not use the child’s personal information to re-contact the child for any other purpose.
What are Cookies?
The use of “cookies” is common in the Internet industry; you’ll find them used in the Platform, as you will at other major websites. “Cookies” are small text files written to your computer. They make our website easier for you to use because they save your preferences while you are visiting our site. Cookies also help us know which areas are your favorites, which areas need improvement, and what technologies and Internet services our visitors are using. Knowing this information helps us continually improve the online experience for our visitors and members.
The non-personally identifiable information we track with cookies is anonymous and is not used to identify, or lead us back to, any particular visitor. Visitors to and members of KYCK may have the option of disabling cookies via their browser preferences (most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies). While browsing through the Platform, you may get cookies from our advertisers or sponsors. KYCK and its affiliated sites do not control these cookies.
What are IP Addresses?
An IP address is a number that is assigned automatically to your computer whenever you use the World Wide Web. Web servers – the big computers that “serve up” Web pages – automatically identify your computer by its IP address. KYCK collects IP addresses for system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertisers, sponsors, and partners; and to audit the use of the Platform.
A Notice About Our Advertisers:
KYCK may offer contests, sweepstakes, and promotions that are sponsored by third-party advertisers or sponsors. These third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily submit to participate in the activity. KYCK does not control the third parties’ use of information.
A Notice About External Links:
KYCK has partnered with other companies to provide certain services. In some cases, you may see KYCK’s logo on another company’s site. KYCK does not share any of your personally identifiable information with these partners and they do not share any information with us.
We specifically recommend that children check with their parents before connecting to any new sites.
KYCK makes social networking forums, message boards, web pages, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Consequently, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Security, Purchases and Credit Card Use:
KYCK has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Essentially, we encrypt all transmission of sensitive data and secure all of our repositories of data. When you use your credit card to shop at KYCK, your transaction is secure.
Contacting KYCK.com, Inc.:
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of KYCK, or your dealings with the Platform, please:
619 South Cedar Street
Charlotte, NC 28202